How you get found, connect, and create impact.
Almost every organization needs to be a content publisher — one with the creative, technical, analytical, and marketing skills needed for success online.
We provide these skills for our clients. They include:
- Identifying and understanding your target audiences in relation to your brand and offerings
- Developing creative strategies that will resonate with those audiences
- Producing content across media formats: writing, design, photos, videos, animations, websites, web apps
- Managing the logistics of publishing across and platforms while leveraging a growing media asset library
- Designing monitoring and analytics systems to track reach, engagement, actions, and constituent/customer data generated by the content we produce for you
- Listening to and engaging with your online community, so as to grow its size, deepen your connections with it, and learn from it
- Reporting to you on key performance indicators, so you can understand the progress you’re making as a result.
In the foothills east of Salinas, California, Rancho Cielo transforms young people's lives by surrounding them with adults who believe in them. To build support for that mission, Boots Road produced this video.
This case study discusses how we created the video, why we did it that way, and why it's been successful.
There's a lot of data about the value of Rancho Cielo — the programs it offers, how many young people it's served, how much it costs, its rate of success. As important as that information is, almost none of it is in the video.
That's because information doesn't move people, stories do.
Monterey Jazz Festival
Monterey is one of the world’s jazz festivals. For the event’s 60th anniversary, we consulted with directors and staff to design a more sophisticated, integrated, digitally-oriented promotion strategy. We:
- Led a review and update of the Festival’s brand and audience targeting strategies
- Worked with Festival staff and consultants on the design and content of advertising, public relations, and social media messaging, including video and animated content
- Designed the high-level media buying strategy, advised on the selection of Mogo, a specialist digital media buying firm, and coordinated with them on design and execution of tactics.
The Gonzales Way
The Gonzalez Way is a city-wide commitment to raising happy, healthy, successful children in Gonzales, California.
- Met the social marketing challenge of making many interlocking policy pieces both easy to understand and inspiring, by creating the Gonzales Way brand
- Designed and analyzed a survey to understand residents' priorities
- Designed the brand identity system for The Gonzales Way, with different logo variations able to be used together or on their own
- Created videos and animations to promote and celebrate special people and events in Gonzales via the website and social media
- Designed and developed a website that highlights the community, its news, events, and resources
- Designed and produced a bilingual booklet introducing The Gonzales Way
- Designed email newsletter templates
- Designed and produced signage and banners for outdoor street and kiosk use.
The City of Salinas
We provide the City with a full range of integrated communications services. We:
- Developed the City’s communications strategy
- Manage media relations, including providing the City with an Acting Public Information Officer
- Built and maintain the main City website and other sites, such as Salinas Public Library, and Salinas Police Department
- Produce the “Salinas NOW” TV show for local cable, YouTube, and social media
- Create and manage social media content
- Produce email campaigns and manage email lists
- Design and produce advertising campaigns
- Shoot photos and videos of events
- Design graphics for digital, print, and video content Create and edit written content
- Analyze and report on web, social media, email, and news media results.